In Africa wood is harvested for the production of charcoal. The charcoal is easily used for fire cooking. Another problem is animal husbandry. Goats and other splitters eat shoots and seedlings of growing plants. The deforestation causes micro climatic changes such. For example, precipitation intervals (extended drought periods). At the same time, the phenomenon of torrential rain is occurring.
Example: About 15 years ago Kenya only had a forest area of 4.5% of its original 40%. The government lacquered after the realization of a reforestation program. Since then, the wooded area has increased to 9%.
• It has been proven that good forestation in a country has a positive effect on storing precipitation in the soil.
• A large-scale government media campaign then called on people to plant trees. For this purpose, nursery infrastructures were set up. Seedlings were very cheap, sometimes free of charge.
• Fortunately, the population has responded very actively. Through this action and with the help of the rural inhabitants, the forest area has been practically doubled within 8 years to almost 8%.
• As an important part of our project, our partner municipalities are also encouraged and involved in tree planting activities.
• Clean water also means: health, good nutrition, a prosperous, contented population without rural exodus from rural areas.
The structural interventions are minimal and short for nature. At the same time, sensible areas of equalization for flora and fauna are formed during the construction of the facilities.
Our vision and solution is to actively reforest the forests. On the one hand, we offset our minimal impact on the environment, but also help to restore lost forest areas. We look forward to your support.